Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Writers Everywhere!

Life hasn't changed much since I posted last. Haven't cooked any more delicious food, and I haven't started my fan-fiction yet...but all in good time, will this happen!


I found the most ADORABLE picture of my current obsession. Well, the characters of the show "Supernatural"...but come on. We all know I'm posting it because I find them highly attractive.


Oh...yes. Highly attractive. I've been watching this show religiously (kind of) since the beginning of summer. I will do my best to finish EVERY EPISODE by the time summer ends. I'm hoping to do that much sooner, but, well, you never know. It's contributing to my fan-fiction research...because...this will be what my first one is about! Supernatural, baby. If you're interested in reading it, hit me up, and I'll make sure you will be able to read it!


So today, I was just eating pizza with mi familia at this Mom and Pop pizza restaurant about fifteen minutes away from our house (It's called Rochelli's Pizza House, and if you live in the Phoenix, Arizona area of the world, you should try it out, because it's the only thin crust pizza in the world I can say that I absolutely adore). We're somewhat connected to the owners because my aunt knows them, and my family hangs out there a lot now. I knew I would eventually be meeting this owner, Mark Smith, and talking to him about the usual things like where I go to school, summer plans, major, and all that mumbo jumbo. Though, as if the heavens above were sending me a message, I never expected him to come out and say, (after I explained to him that I wanted to be a writer) "Oh! I've written a sitcom! You should read it. Here ya go!" This motivated me. Like, a lot. I don't know what it was, but hearing about all the work he had put into it, and all the times he's tried to get it produced, it just made me want to be a successful writer even more.


This also taught me a very valuable, and exceptionally different lesson of "never judge a book by its cover". Never in my life would I have walked into a pizza restaurant, talked to the owner, and thought "Oh, he's probably done some really cool things in his life, like written a sitcom!" It's things like these that make me realize that people have their own stories, and they've done a lot more than what I see on the surface. I better get to writing, because, you know, I want to be able to slip "Oh hey! You should read one of my works" into a conversation at an appropriate time. I'd feel pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that is sweet! Did you read the sitcom? Was it good? And I would LOVE to read your fanfic. Just saying. Email it to me once you're done?

    And for some reason I can only post comments as anonymous, so it's Bre, the future rock star. ;)

    ReplyDelete