Friday, May 27, 2011

Relaxation! Kinda...

I'm finally on my summer break! Thank the heavens above! I can finally just go through a whole day without thinking about academics or what's due the next day. Might I add, I had all A's and B's my first year in college. Do I rock, or what?

Now that summer's beginning, I've been trying to find things to do in order to keep me from dying a terrible death...of being murdered by boredom. Other than the large amounts of video games I will be playing, and the shows I need to catch up on, I'll actually be doing something productive,or at least I will be trying!

I've decided I want to learn to cook. I have been motivating myself by watching endless hours of Food Network. I want to be able to make delicious things, and hopefully be skilled enough to renovate dishes that I know and make them better. I feel like I've taken on quite the task...but I'm gonna do it! In fact, here's the first thing I cooked! (Thanks for helping, mom!)


So this marvelous dish is called Sopita. My mom has made it ever since I was old enough to remember, and I love it each and every time I eat it. When I try to explain it to my friends, I usually just say, "It's like Mexican macaroni and cheese". It contains macaroni noodles, tomato sauce, and colby jack cheese. For flavor, we add garlic salt, pepper, and some crushed red peppers for spice. I'm pretty sure I can make this on my own now, so I definitely know I'm making progress!


On a less exciting note, I also feel as if I'll just go back to being terribly bored again. There's just this void I feel like I'm trying to fill, (wow, way to be cliché), and everything I do just doesn't seem to help. I'll admit, I'm kind of missing the whole "dating" stuff, and I really hate admitting that. I just feel like I don't need a relationship to be entertained, but I also feel like I'd be a bit more upbeat if I did. I'd feel like the days wouldn't drag on and on.


Well, back to more exciting stuff! (Can't end this entry on a sad note.) I'm also thinking of ways to improve my writing. Blogging is one of them, which I will be trying to do more often, but I need more. I crave more. So...I might do something I wanted to stay away from. I might...write fan-fiction. Oh Lord, you have no idea how hard that was to say. Anywho, if you aren't familiar with the world of fan-fiction, it's basically taking books/movies/video games that already exist, and creating a story using it. (I'm trying my best to explain this...so bear with me!) Basically, you're just using that material as a premise, while creating your own story within it, using the characters from it and/or adding your own characters. I'm only so against it because I had a certain friend who would act like it was the actual story, and thus, I thought I would turn into a noob as well. (Noob: n. A person who fails.)


Hopefully, after this summer, I'll feel a bit better about myself and be somewhat productive. Here I come, summer! And on that note, I'll make sure to think of wittier comments this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment