Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dreams, Dreams

We all have something we aspire to be in the future. For some, it's something that can be easily attained, and for everyone else, it's dreaming big. It gives us something to look forward to, and something that can drive us through our lives. For me, I aspire to be a famous, published author.

I'm sure most of you already knew this, but that's something that would be a dream come true for me. There's just a pleasure I get from writing that I don't get from anything else. I love creating fictional worlds with diverse characters. I love it so much, I almost get enveloped in it, and this doesn't bother me one bit. Hell, I could probably get lost in my writing for a whole day if I wanted to. (The most I've ever spent writing in a day is 9-ish hours).

I love writing so much, I obsess over how well I do it. (You may be able to relate this next section to something you love to do.) When I write, I feel like I'm doing amazing things. The words are flying across the page, the description is coming to life, and I'm feeling great. Right the minute someone wants to read it, or it needs to be presented, my mindset immediately turns to "Oh my lord. They're gonna hate it. I just know it. Everything sucked. Gah!" Naturally, as a human being, that's just how things go.We want to perfect our things that we're good at, and we stress over what other people will think of it.

If I want to become published, though, I have to be patient. Apparently, publishing companies are very picky about the things you send in. It makes sense, of course, because they want to make sure people will actually buy the books. Not only that, but I'd have to work my tail off on a kick-butt novel or short story. Even then, I'd have to make sure that people would actually like the book. So let's see...I'd probably need a literary agent, and then a publicist (if I REALLY want to be famous)...dang. Becoming a famous, published author is gonna be expensive!

So there's my passion, all out there for you to read about. I'm sure you have one too, and if you do, I want to hear about it! Comment on this post about something you dream (or dreamed) of becoming. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

My Song of the Week!

So this is a band called The Bird and the Bee, and I've been obsessing over them for a while. This is my favorite of their songs, and probably their most popular. They just have such a unique sound, and I always feel so happy when I listen to them. (And it's NOT in a foreign language!)

Have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. My dream was to be a mom, I guess I can check that off the list now. All I have ever wanted was to be happy. It doesn't matter if I'm cleaning toilets or making millions (although, it would be nice) as long as I'm happy, I'm good.
    Right now I love volunteering. It is so much fun, and you meet so many great people. I mostly help at race functions and with my charity.

    ReplyDelete