Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thinking Too Much

Overthinking: I'm doing it right now.

I'm not sure who all is like this, but I tend to over-think things a lot. In other words, I overanalyze people's actions, and I tend to draw far-fetched conclusions from what I see. I'm not all that sure why I do it, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing, but I just do.

For example, a friend of mine that I've known for a while is extremely supportive of the gay community, and he doesn't talk to me all that much, but I've known him for many years. When he ever comments on my Facebook statuses or just in general (which isn't very often), he's almost flirting with me. I question whether or not he likes me, and I still do, even from that pathetic amount of motive that he gave me.

Another example: In one of my classes, and the guy that sits next to me would usually move up to the front with his friend, assuming she wanted him to, and that she was actually there. One day, she asked him to move up to the seat next to her, and he declined. Coincidentally, this was the same day he initiated a conversation with me. Thus, I thought there was a possibility that he liked me, and not in just a friendly sort of way.

I bet you're thinking: "Seriously Jeff, how did you come up with that?" And my answer to that would be: "I have no idea." I might be the only one in the world who's like this. If I am, well...cool? Either way, it's one of the most annoying qualities I possess. It leads me to false hope, and I just get hurt from thinking too deep, and drawing such strange conclusions.

Anyway, do you do something similar to this? If so, comment on this post and tell me about it! It'll be comforting to know that I'm not the only one who over-thinks about everything.

Don't forget to vote in the poll in the top left corner of my blog! Just one more week to answer!

Song of the Week!
So this is "Forget It" by Jewelry S. It took a while for me to like the song, but it wasn't too long before I fell in love with it. It's the perfect mix of pretty and upbeat. Definitely a feel-good song!

That's all for now! Have a great day/night! (Technically it's night). 

1 comment: