Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fictional Motivation

I finished my Supernatural Fanfiction! Here's the finished product, for those that are interested! The whole story!

About a week ago, I saw the movie, "The Help", and, first off, I absolutely loved it. It's one of my favorite movies now. If you haven't seen it yet, get into your car, onto your bike, or ride your dragon to the theater, and watch it ASAP. Don't have a car, bike, or dragon? I suppose you can ask a friend to take you, but wouldn't it be better to fly a dragon into the parking lot? All them moviegoers will be quite jealous of you.


Anyway, for those of you who haven't seen the movie (or read the book, for that matter), I won't be telling you anything you haven't already seen in the previews. So yes! You can read my post without screaming at me, saying "Curse you, Jeff! You ruined the movie for me!" Or some other choice words. Anyway, let's move on! (Okay so MAYBE there are a few minor spoilers, but I promise it won't ruin the experience for you if you see it.)


As I watched this movie, I became very intrigued by Euginia, or "Skeeter", as they called her. I felt like I was very similar to her, but also different in many ways. All in all, I want to be more like her.


She, as you all probably knew, once she got a job at a publishing company, wanted to write her own book coming from the maids' point of view. Of course, this caused scandals left and right, but Skeeter knew what she was doing.

I felt like we were similar because we both felt inadequate as young adults, not really feeling desirable by anyone. She and I both are very cynical when it comes to being in a relationship, though the idea of one seems very pleasant. We, also, both know what we want, and aren't willing to give up whatsoever.

I want to be more like her, because even though she was somewhat awkward, she was a very strong woman. (Yes, this means I want to be a strong woman. Haha!) She wrote a very controversial book, and she never doubted it one bit. She was very comfortable with everything she wrote. I always feel like people are critiquing my work harshly in their heads, simply hating everything about it. She knew how to stand up for herself, which I can only seem to do when I finally feel that I've taken enough.

Throughout the movie, I felt like I was looking up to her. Rather than merely being a fictional character, she became a role model, and a motivational figure for me. Watching her determination and strong-willed nature made me want to be just like her. Easily, she was my favorite character, though she was not the only lovable one. I highly recommend that you see this movie!

Song of the Week!

This song is called "Rocket Girl" by Stellar, and I really enjoyed the song and video. It took a while, but now I absolutely love it. Believe it or not, this video got banned (so I read) in South Korea because of "violent images". Well, even though it's a bit violent, I wouldn't necessarily say it's rated R quality. It's definitely a very innocent video, I think.

I know, it seems like all I post is Korean music, but that's the only thing that's ever relevant. So yeah. Don't be hatin'.

Thanks for reading! Tune in next week for another brilliant post!

No comments:

Post a Comment