Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hair: An Annoyance

I've been working my tail off on my Supernatural Fan-Fiction. I plowed through so many writers' blocks, I thought I was going to explode. Here's Chapters 1-12.


I have quite the random topic to talk about today, and I actually got the idea for it yesterday, as I was getting ready to run some errands with my mother yesterday. It's something all of us (at least a large portion of us) complain about, and are almost never satisfied with. That's right: our hair.


We complain about "bad hair days" and when we're actually having good hair days, all we can do is worry about whether it's going to get messed up or not. Or worse: there are winds as strong as hurricanes outside. I have noticed, though, that it's the women who complain about their hair more than men, but I do know some men who are ridiculously self-conscious about their hair. I'm one of them.


I learned that my hair is incredibly indecisive, and it almost never wants to do what I want it to do. It has its own personality, it seems. Even though I use gel to style it, and you'd think that it would actually obey me because of this, it still rebels against me. There are many things I've learned about how to manage it, too:

1. NEVER style it while it's wet. It will ALWAYS look terrible.
2. As my hair gets longer, my gel strength needs to be stronger.
3. If my hair even looks remotely presentable, I need to leave it alone, or else I'll just mess it up.

In my opinion, the way your hair looks can be an excellent indicator of many things, such as your style, hygiene, and how well you like to present yourself to people. I could have been camping for maybe a week, but if I come back, do my hair and make it look great, it would look like I kept clean throughout the whole trip. Because your hair is something that everyone can see, (unless you're wearing a hat, obviously) making it impressionable can work wonders on what people think of you.


Quick announcements: I will be in Yellowstone next Wednesday (Yay!), and I'm quite certain that I'll be busy that day, so there's a great chance that there won't be a blog post next Wednesday. I'm probably going to bring my laptop on the trip, but if we're too busy on that day, and I'm too tired, it just won't happen. Just so you know!

Also, I added a poll to my blog (it is on the top left area of my blog page), that all of you should answer!

And now it's time for the Song of the Week!


I have been on a Victorious kick lately, and this song was on the most recent episode "Locked Up" (It was a pretty entertaining episode, not gonna lie). I also bought the soundtrack. It's a guilty pleasure: Don't judge. While this isn't my favorite song on the soundtrack (that one is on my previous post), I've still found my self unable to stop listening to it.

That's all for now. Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment