Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Band Practice

So today, I had marching band practice from 2:30 to about 3:30, which is short compared to our normal practices. When you live in Phoenix, Arizona, and it’s anywhere between April and November, you’re sure to sweat all the liquids out of your body. To be honest, I considered just not going to practice. Many thoughts went through my head. “It’s only for an hour.” “Today was my last day of school! I don’t wanna immediately go back!” (By the way, I’m practicing after my last day of school for a trip in July). The last thing I wanted to do was sweat and run out of breath.
Well the good thing is, I’m glad I went. I got more exercise (which I need) and I got to visit with friends. You know, the good stuff. It’s also comforting to know that you aren’t the only one sweating your bum off out there in the 100+ degree weather, though. When you’re the only one who’s sweaty, it kinda sucks, and you get self conscious, which makes you even sweatier. When you’re in a group of sweaty people, it’s pretty gross, but at least you don’t worry about how much perspiration is currently squirting out of your pores and slowly evaporating or drying and hardening onto your skin. Then when you shower and the water runs down your face and into your eye, you get to experience the most wonderful stinging sensation in your eye. Aren’t you glad you didn’t miss out on practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment