Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Childish I-Feel-Like-Everyone-Dislikes-Me-Ness.

I struggle with the fact that I think people don’t like me. I try talking to them, and I feel like I get nowhere. They ignore me, blow me off, completely show how uninterested they are…etc. I’ve gotten to a point where I want to ask myself, “Why do I even bother?” and give up, but I know why I bother to go out of my way to talk to certain people. It’s because I want to get to know them and I want to be able to have some sort of friendship with them. When I notice things aren’t going how I want, I get upset and just want to pack my bags and ship myself off to Australia, because then at least the kangaroos will take care of me.

I suppose that happiness in this misery would be, “They don’t deserve you!” It could also be, “Who cares? You’re amazing!” One, it doesn’t really matter whether they deserve to be friends with you or not. Second, if I’m so amazing, why don’t they see it? The horrible, but true joy in this tragedy is that you’re probably much better off without them. If things just don’t seem to be working out, maybe it’s better to call it quits before you hurt yourself even more. I know for a fact that I can never call it quits, because I’m too stubborn and determined. For you, the reader, if you’re having this problem, follow my good advice. Do as I say, not as I do. I wish I wasn’t so flawed as to throw myself into more hurt and sadness, but I always try to see a light at the end of the tunnel. One day, I hope I’ll reach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment