Tuesday, January 4, 2011

High School Graduate

Here’s to my first post in my blog! I really hope you readers enjoy what I have to say about making light of unfortunate events in anyone’s everyday life. 
My first topic…High school graduations. I, indeed, will be a graduate on May 28th, 2010. This isn’t unfortunate, however. It is just sad to go our separate ways and leave a place we called “home” for four years. Others would disagree with this “home” business about high school, but that’s only because they haven’t made the most of it. Those same people are probably the ones who say, “I hate high school!” Now, I’ve been known to say this, but there are things about it I hate. The petty drama: BIGGEST ONE. Once I get my diploma handed to me, I will be saying syonara to all that high school drama. Of course, I will have to deal with other drama, but it’s just much different when it isn’t in a high school setting. 
As for going separate ways, this is more of a bittersweet feeling. Whereas crying would be in order because you and your “bestest friend in the whole wide world” are being separated for life, I say, “Puh-lease.” They’re your best friend, right? I suppose you have some form of contacting them, and unless you’re billions of miles away, fate isn’t trying to make you go your separate ways. The other side to this has to do with your, “enemies”. There are always those people in your life that are ridiculously impossible to get along with. You will definitely be looking forward to leaving these people. In other cases, you may not have bitter feelings toward these people, and maybe they just consider youthe enemy. Instead of letting this get you down, why not mend it? Don’t leave a place where you have regrets that you know you can fix. It would be the best feeling in the world knowing that you walked across that stage having no controllable regrets, would it not?
As the cliche goes, graduating high school graduation is the end of the beginning. It’s the close of one chapter in your life, and a beginning to another. Since we’re comparing this to a story, doesn’t the next chapter carry on with the same story? The characters, plot, and setting  (maybe) will stay the same. So don’t think moving onto the next chapter means you leave everything behind, just live life as you normally did! Though, I recommend that you don’t keep attending high school graduation. Not only is it unnecessary, but I guarantee the teachers will think you’re a bit crazy. In any other case, who cares? In this one, don’t be crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment